Expert Sump Pump Repair and Replacement in Wheeling
You probably don’t think about your sump pump until you need it. Then you hope it’s draining correctly so your Wheeling basement doesn’t take on water.
Sump pumps can cease working for a few different reasons.
We’ve handled it all. If your pump isn’t running like it should, call the Experts at Comfort Masters Service Experts to investigate the problem.
We’ll inspect your pump during our visit and provide you with preventive maintenance advice, so it won’t go out when you need it most.
Common Causes of Sump Pump Failure
Sump pumps can stop running for a few different reasons:
- Power interruption
- Irregular maintenance
- Too small of a unit
- Incorrect installation
- Switch problems
- Icy or clogged discharge lines
- Age (average expectancy is 10 years)
Sump Pump Maintenance Checklist
There are a few simple things you can do to verify your sump pump is prepared for efficiency.
- Check that the cord is in good shape.
- Plug it into a GFCI outlet in case of power surges.
- Ensure the pump is straight and not tilting to one side, since this can lead the pump to not run when needed.
- If it’s been awhile since the pump has run, pour a bucket of water into the pit to check the pump starts and removes the water quickly.
- During dry weather, take out the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom since it can draw small stones into the grate over time.
- Make sure the discharge pipe’s vent hole isn’t plugged.
Trust Comfort Masters Service Experts for Your Sump Pump Needs
Because your sump pump is a method of safeguard to protect your home from water damage, look to the professionals at Comfort Masters Service Experts to confirm yours is doing its job.
We’ve got the expertise—whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Plus, all of our services are backed by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.* Contact us at 847-250-6729 or schedule an appointment online.