Stopping it from happening is the most important step. Completing correct safety precautions will lower your likelihood of carbon monoxide poisoning in Wheeling.
Here are a couple steps you can take to keep your family safe:
- Heat up your car out of your garage. Cars are a major source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so do not leave yours on in the restricted space of a garage. The same is true for gas equipment such as lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t use ovens or grills as heaters. These appliances are safe when operated correctly but can make carbon monoxide when run for an extended period of time in small spaces.
- Don’t run a gas generator indoors, as it produces fumes.
- Have your chimney examined by a professional. This makes sure chimneys and vents aren’t clogged and connected properly.
- Verify gas appliances are running correctly, including your furnace. You can make sure you’re getting efficient, safe comfort by booking yearly furnace maintenance with Comfort Masters Service Experts.