We have discussed common air conditioning problems, now we’d like to review common furnace and heating issues Wheeling homeowners often call Comfort Masters Service Experts about. Although there are theoretically hundreds of causes why your Wheeling home’s furnace or heating system may need to be repaired. Below is a list of the top five issues that may cause your furnace or heating equipment to break down:
1. Thermostat breaks causing no heat, fan spinning or comfort problems
2. Air circulation problems from fan motors, belts and bearings, causing furnace overheating or poor heating control
3. Old and clogged filters resulting in airflow and comfort problems
4. Furnace or heating system pilot or ignition control problems, resulting in intermittent or no heat
5. Inconsistent maintenance history may cause unexpected breakdowns, poor comfort or increased energy costs (not to mention homeowner frustration!)
All of these common issues can be fixed by a professionally qualified, NATE-certified technician. Technicians from Comfort Masters Service Experts can quickly spot the problem area and make the required repairs. Getting a precision tune-up or maintenance plan could prevent nearly all heating problems that result in no heat or low comfort levels. With a proper tune-up, all the components are checked and serviced so they operate correctly and at peak efficiency during the heating season. Vital items like Carbon Monoxide checks, ample combustion air, equipment clearances, and equipment safety are also key elements to the tune-up process. Remember – safety first! Never forget that furnaces of any age have the potential to pose safety hazards from combustion or gases, this is particularly the case if a NATE-certified technician has not maintained the equipment on a regular basis.
Contact Comfort Masters Service Experts of Wheeling at 847-250-6729 to schedule an appointment today if you would like a technician to check out your furnace system.