The Top Six Reasons to Enroll in an HVAC Maintenance Contract
Your heating and cooling system is essential to home comfort and high air quality. The furnace and air conditioner work tirelessly in the background, heating, cooling, managing the humidity and filtering your indoor air. Lots of homeowners take these functions for granted until they have to do without them. If your air conditioner has ever broken down on a sweltering summer day, or the furnace has stopped working during a blizzard, you can understand what this is like firsthand.
No homeowner wishes to deal with last minute repairs, high energy bills or home comfort problems. What if you could guarantee an uninterrupted source of clean, conditioned air when you want it most?
That’s where preventive HVAC maintenance comes into play. Like receiving an oil change for your car, consistent tune-ups are vital for keeping your HVAC system running at its best. And to get the most from each maintenance visit, you should think about applying for an HVAC maintenance contract.
This agreement is an arrangement between you and a trusted HVAC contractor. Membership takes the guessing out of HVAC service by delivering routine maintenance, savings on repair work between scheduled appointments and other perks. An HVAC maintenance contract isn't mandatory to schedule tune-ups with Comfort Masters Service Experts, but we highly endorse signing up. Here are six reasons why.
1. Automated Reminders to Schedule HVAC Maintenance
Life gets busier, so it’s easy to forget about requesting furnace maintenance in the fall and air conditioning maintenance before the spring. With an HVAC membership, you’ll receive consistent reminders to get an appointment on your calendar. If you’re unsure of why HVAC maintenance is so important, take a look at these benefits:
- Reveal minor problems right away: Issues with your heating and cooling usually progress little by little. When a technician examines the internal components annually, it’s possible to pinpoint and take care of little problems before they grow to be big headaches.
- Lower the risk of equipment failures: By tightening that loose fan belt and evening out the off-kilter blower motor during a maintenance appointment, the chance of a mid-season breakdown diminishes.
- Smaller repair costs: Scheduled HVAC maintenance is an affordable, expected expense that eliminates the need for many major repairs.
- Improve energy efficiency: The Department of Energy reports that annual maintenance can increase HVAC efficiency by as high as 30%, reducing your heating and cooling bills simultaneously.
- Encourage home comfort: When your HVAC system functions the way it should, airflow improves for consistent temperatures and more comfortable humidity in every room.
- Extend the system’s life span: A clean, tuned-up, well-lubricated HVAC system can survive for years longer than a neglected one, saving you on premature replacement equipment.
- Provide safety: An equipment and safety evaluation during each visit delivers peace of mind that your heating and cooling system is performing safely.
- Protect your warranty: The majority of HVAC manufacturers prioritize preventive maintenance so much that they demand annual tune-ups to keep your warranty active. Investing a little in upkeep now protects you from expensive repairs that your warranty should cover.
2. Priority Service
Having an HVAC maintenance plan puts you at the front of the line when you request an emergency repair. You can typically expect same-day service—even for nights, weekends and holidays—thanks to 24/7/365 guaranteed priority service for members.
3. Priority Install
Planning on replacing your HVAC system? An HVAC maintenance plan grants access to the fastest installs feasible, even during the busiest times of year.
4. Discounted Repairs and Services
Regular maintenance decreases the need for repair work, but if your system needs some professional attention, having a Maintenance+ Plan provides a 15% discount. You’ll also enjoy 15% off indoor air quality products, including pleated filters, whole-house humidifiers and charged media air cleaners.
5. No Trip Charge
HVAC repairs are in some cases necessary, but they can get costly fast. Thankfully, with an HVAC agreement, you’ll never have to pay trip charges or overtime fees, even for emergency and after-hour service calls.
6. Repair Guarantee
How can you be sure the technician has performed a job well done? Put your mind at ease with a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all repairs and installations for one year. If the work leaves you dissatisfied, the technician will return to set things right.
Enroll in an HVAC Maintenance Contract
Comfort Masters Service Experts offers three HVAC membership levels: Priority+™, Maintenance+™ and the Service Experts Advantage™ Program. Check out what each plan features and get in touch with our staff to help you choose the ideal plan for your needs and budget. We’re happy to address any questions you have before enrolling. For more information about our HVAC maintenance contracts or to ask for a tune-up, please contact your local Comfort Masters Service Experts office today.