When you use the faucet on your kitchen or bathroom sink, you anticipate clean, healthy water to flow out. But even if the water seems clear, it might still be hiding toxic chemicals that present a risk to your family’s health and well-being. Plenty of people dislike the taste of contaminated tap water and understand the risks of drinking it. That’s why half of all American families keep either a home water treatment system (32 percent) or bottled water (18 percent) to guarantee they have clean drinking water at home.
If you want to safeguard your family’s health, you may first opt for continuing the bottled water approach. Unfortunately, this gets expensive almost immediately. In addition, plastic water bottles that don’t get recycled end up damaging the world’s waterways, harming the environment and wiping out marine life.
Having a whole-house water filtration system is more practical and better for the environment than using so much bottled water. It will also supply healthier water more easily because you can get it directly from the tap. What's more, whole-house systems send purified water to your showers, tubs and plumbing fixtures, allowing you to make the most of the benefits anywhere you use water in your home.
Before putting in a whole-house water filter, learn about what’s in your water and how a Filtermax™ Superior Chemical Removal Filter can clear out unhealthy contaminants. Then, choose Comfort Masters Service Experts to help you pick out and install the ideal water filter for you.
What’s in Your Drinking Water?
Water quality may differ by location, but a few of the most prevalent contaminants are:
- Heavy metals
- Industrial chemicals
- Disinfection byproducts (DBPs)
Learn what could be in your water supply by entering your ZIP Code into the Environmental Working Group’s drinking water quality database. EWG data shows that above 80 percent of utility water supplies in North America at one point tested positive for carcinogenic chemicals, revealing that lawful water quality levels aren't necessarily safe.
Try Installing a Filtermax Water Filtration System
The Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter eliminates dirt, debris and harmful chemicals from your tap water, providing you and your family with safe, healthy water to drink. Here are the advantages of this system:
- Sediment filtration: Cloudiness is a common sign of debris in your drinking water. Comprised of silt, sand, rust or clay, sediment naturally occurs and increases in the water main following heavy rainfall. While largely harmless, sediment can make your drinking water look and taste unpleasant. Filtermax includes sediment filtration to clear out solids from your drinking water.
- Chlorine removal: Chlorine is vital to clean drinking water in urban environments like cities. Sadly, this disinfectant also adds dangerous chemical byproducts when it reacts with naturally occurring organic and inorganic compounds in the water. Certain DPBs, including trihalomethanes (THMs), are known to cause cancer. Filtermax gets rid of these carcinogens to keep your family healthy.
- Safer, cleaner, better-tasting water: Guaranteeing safe tap water is the goal of installing any water filtration system. Besides being cleaner for your family to drink, filtered water also smells, tastes and looks better. No more lingering metallic or musty smells. No more earthy or chlorine flavor. No more cloudy water swirling around your cup. Just clean-tasting, odorless, crystal-clear water.
- Filtered water to every tap: Hazardous chemicals don’t just affect you when ingested—they also absorb into your skin when you shower and adhere to your clothing and dishes when you wash them. That’s why a whole-house filtration system is so worthwhile because it provides clean water from every tap.
- No operating expenses or wasted water: Some whole-house filtration systems raise your electric bills. Others increase your water bills with automatic backwashing and flushing. Filtermax illustrates that healthy water doesn’t have to include steeper utility costs.
- Flow-through distributor: Based on your plumbing system’s structure, you may need an upflow or downflow water filter. The Filtermax™ flow-through distributor features both designs to accommodate your needs.
- 20-year manufacturer warranty: This is the best warranty in the water treatment equipment industry! With this coverage, you can be sure your investment will keep providing clean, quality drinking water for a long, long time..
Install a Whole-House Water Filter in Your Home
At Comfort Masters Service Experts, we install multiple types of water filtration systems from Excalibur, such as the Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter. Whether you’re trying to decrease water hardness, clear out bacteria or take care of dangerous chemicals, you’ll find the right product for you from Excalibur. Installation is quick, straightforward and bolstered with our 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Contact your local Comfort Masters Service Experts office for help choosing a water filtration system that fits your needs and budget.