Benefits of Annual Furnace Maintenance
As the temperature falls and you find yourself reaching for the thermostat more often, you should also reach for your phone to arrange annual furnace maintenance. Making sure your furnace runs optimally this winter increases your comfort, safety and peace of mind all season long.
Here’s more about what this crucial yearly task includes and why you shouldn’t neglect it.
What Does Furnace Maintenance Involve?
A maintenance call is an easy way to get your heating system ready for the cold months. Although the particular tasks depend on the brand and age of your unit, you can generally expect your technician to perform the following:
- Check and clean the burner: In time, dirt and debris can obstruct the burner, affecting its performance. Cleaning it brings back ideal heat transfer.
- Test the gas valves: Making sure these valves are totally open and performing properly is crucial for safe furnace operation.
- Examine the heat exchanger: A cracked heat exchanger can result in carbon monoxide leaks, so it’s essential to check that no cracks are present.
- Review and tighten electrical components: Loose connections can make your system unsafe and inefficient. Fortunately, tightening them is a fast and simple job.
- Clean the blower: A grungy blower impacts your furnace’s ability to move warm air throughout your home. Cleaning and balancing the fan assures the best airflow.
- Change the air filter: Clean air filters allow proper airflow throughout your system, which is why you should always replace a clogged air filter in your furnace. Installing a brand-new air filter also boosts indoor air quality if you set up a filtration system.
Reasons to Schedule Regular Furnace Maintenance
If your furnace seems to be running fine, is it still beneficial to arrange a maintenance visit? Here are some of the ways furnace maintenance is beneficial:
- Decrease mid-season failures: Few things are more discouraging than waking up on a freezing winter morning to learn your furnace has stopped working. Unexpected breakdowns are upsetting and can leave you scrambling to find someone to fix it. Annual furnace maintenance decreases the risk of unexpected issues because your heating specialist examines every part of your system, catching minor issues before they snowball into costly repairs.
- Less expensive repair costs: It’s a simple equation—the earlier you catch a problem, the less expensive it is to fix. By investing in reasonably priced, predictable maintenance visits, you can avoid costly, inconvenient repairs, keeping more money in your pocket.
- Lengthen your furnace’s life span: Like a well-maintained car, a furnace that receives regular tune-ups will likely last longer than an unattended heating system. Annual maintenance helps you avoid the expense of early furnace replacement by adding years to your system’s life span.
- Raise energy efficiency: A well-maintained heating system runs smoothly and efficiently. When all the parts are clean and in good working order, your system doesn’t have to work as hard to keep your household cozy. This decreases your heating bills and cuts down your environmental impact.
- Better indoor air quality: Polluted indoor air intensifies allergies and respiratory problems. The air filter in your furnace captures dust, pollen and other airborne irritants to reduce these conditions. During a maintenance appointment, the HVAC tech will change the air filter at your request, ensuring cleaner air flows through your home.
- Promotes safety: A malfunctioning furnace is not only inefficient, there’s a chance it also might be dangerous. Cracked heat exchangers or faulty gas valves can produce potentially deadly carbon monoxide leaks. Knowing your system has been examined for anything that could be dangerous should give you a secure feeling this winter.
When Should You Schedule Your Maintenance Visit?
To enjoy the most benefits, it’s best to arrange annual furnace maintenance in the fall before winter’s chill gets to your area. This ensures that any issues are addressed before you need to rely heavily on your heating system.
At-Home Furnace Maintenance Between Tune-Ups
Although professional maintenance is important, you can perform several tasks yourself so that your furnace runs smoothly between visits:
- Change the air filter every 30 to 90 days to increase airflow.
- Be sure that the home’s return and supply registers are open and unobstructed for system balance.
- Vacuum the surface of the furnace with the brush attachment to keep it clean.
Choose Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing for Furnace Maintenance in the U.S.
If it’s time for your next furnace maintenance appointment, Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing is a heating and cooling team you can rely on. Our ACE-certified technicians provide fast, long-lasting fixes for all your furnace and air conditioning problems. We’re proud to deliver solutions to everyone we can and are dedicated to making a big difference in your life and sense of comfort. We even provide a 100% satisfaction guarantee so you can feel even more comfortable. To set your heating system up for success this winter, call 866-397-3787 today to schedule furnace maintenance with Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing.
How to Find a Good HVAC System
When it comes to keeping your home comfortable year-round, nothing is more essential than choosing the right heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system. This decision impacts your daily comfort, monthly utility costs and overall home efficiency. However, with so many system types,... Continue reading
Yearly HVAC Maintenance List
Once the air starts to get cold, you know it’s time to prepare your home for the cooler months ahead. Your heating system is crucial to maintaining a cozy, warm setting. A well-maintained furnace delivers the comfort you crave while using less energy. Routine inspections also make your system... Continue reading
HVAC Trends: What’s New in 2024
In the ever-evolving world of home heating and cooling, keeping up with the newest HVAC trends is very important for homeowners who want to enhance their home’s comfort and efficiency. Looking into 2024, the HVAC industry continues to innovate, bringing brand-new technologies and trends aimed at... Continue reading