Air conditioners don’t last forever, regardless of the brand or quality. If you’re preparing for air conditioning replacement in Wheeling, you might be thinking—should you also request furnace replacement too? It depends on your situation.
Here are several factors to think about, as well as the benefits of not having a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Questions to Ask When Thinking About Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the top questions to answer in advance of making your decision:
- How long have you had your furnace? Furnaces can last up to 20 years, while air conditioners run for about 15 years. If your furnace is over a 15 years old, plan to replace it with your air conditioner. If it’s newer than this, you can likely delay it.
- What model of air conditioner are you buying? Many homeowners are replacing their dated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed styles. This uses less energy and maximizes comfort by operating at varying speeds. Air conditioners depend on the furnace blower to distribute air. So, if you have a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to install a new one to enjoy the complete comfort and benefits of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace give the correct air flow? Your furnace needs to circulate the appropriate amount of air to keep your home comfy. A new air conditioner may call for a different indoor coil. So, it’s essential your furnace is properly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, like one from Comfort Masters Service Experts, can determine that static pressure of your system and offer the right recommendation.
- Is the installation complicated? You’ll make it easier on your Expert and your wallet if you get new units at the same time.
Why You Should Install a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Simultaneously
If your furnace and air conditioner match and are correctly sized, there aren’t usually any large imminent consequences. A mismatched setup is often not permanent until the other system stops working. You can skip the temporary repair by replacing your furnace and air conditioner simultaneously. And, you’ll reap these rewards:
- Improved efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll ensure everything runs at the greatest efficiency, making your house cozier and reducing your yearly heating and cooling bills.
- Reduced HVAC repairs: If you buy a new air conditioner but keep the old furnace, you never know when it might break down for good. In the meantime, you’ll shell out for repairs that could have paid for an upgraded furnace.
- Possible discounts: You can pay less for labor by having both put in at the same time. And you could even be eligible for a discount since you’re bundling new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to get rid of your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can depend on Comfort Masters Service Experts. We know the expense of replacing your complete system might worry you, so we’ll make your investment economical through special coupons or our headache-free Advantage Program™. You can get a new, high-efficiency furnace and air conditioner at no money down and simply one reasonable monthly cost. And all maintenance and repairs in the future are covered!*
You can feel good knowing that our team is completely trained, experienced and NATE-certified to guarantee a job well done. Plus, we offer a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 847-250-6729 to schedule an HVAC installation estimate today!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.