Air conditioners don’t last indefinitely, regardless of the brand or quality. If you’re preparing for air conditioning replacement in Wheeling, you might be thinking—should you also book furnace replacement too? It depends on your situation.
Here are several aspects to think over, as well as the pluses of not having a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Questions to Ask When Thinking About Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the most important questions to answer in advance of making your decision:
- How long have you had your furnace? Furnaces can last up to 20 years, while air conditioners work for about 15 years. If your furnace is over a 15 years old, we advise replacing it with your air conditioner. If it’s newer than this, you can likely wait.
- What model of air conditioner are you buying? Many homeowners are swapping out their dated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed upgrades. This uses less energy and maximizes comfort by working at varying speeds. Air conditioners rely on the furnace blower to disperse air. So, if you have a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to get a new one to enjoy the complete comfort and benefits of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace deliver the right air flow? Your furnace needs to circulate the appropriate amount of air to keep your home the right temperature. A new air conditioner may call for a different indoor coil. So, it’s essential your furnace is properly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, like one from Comfort Masters Service Experts, can figure out that static pressure of your system and offer the right recommendation.
- Is the installation complicated? You’ll make it easier on your Expert and your bank account if you install both systems at the same time.
Why You Should Install a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Together
If your furnace and air conditioner work together and are correctly sized, there aren’t usually any large imminent consequences. A mismatched setup is often a stopgap until the other system goes out. You can skip the temporary fix by replacing your furnace and air conditioner at the same time. And, you’ll reap these rewards:
- Improved efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll ensure everything runs at the greatest efficiency, making your house cozier and decreasing your yearly utility expenses.
- Decreased HVAC repairs: If you buy a new air conditioner but keep the old furnace, you never know when it might break down for good. In the meantime, you’ll shell out for repairs that could have paid for an upgraded furnace.
- Potential discounts: You can pay less for labor by having both put in at once. And you could even be eligible for a discount since you’re getting new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to upgrade your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, call Comfort Masters Service Experts. We know the expense of replacing your complete system can worry you, so we’ll make your investment reasonable through special coupons or our headache-free Advantage Program™. You can get a new, high-efficiency unit at no money down and merely one reasonable monthly cost. And all maintenance and repairs in the future are covered!*
You can feel good knowing that our team is thoroughly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to guarantee a job well done. Plus, we offer a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 847-250-6729 to request an HVAC installation estimate today!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.