Imagine it’s a scorching hot summer day, and your AC unit suddenly goes out. You start calling around looking for emergency AC repair, but the temperature keeps rising while you wait for an HVAC specialist to arrive. Talk about a disaster!
Routine air conditioner maintenance is the key to preventing this problem. But how do you know when it’s time for a tune-up? And, is it really worth scheduling an appointment if your air conditioner doesn’t seem to have any issues? Find out why taking a proactive strategy is the secret to keeping you and your AC unit cool under pressure.
How Often Should You Service Your AC?
To keep your air conditioner functioning efficiently, HVAC professionals highly recommend servicing it at least once per year. Annual cooling maintenance ensures your AC unit continues to be in optimal condition, avoiding potential issues and extending its life span.
As for what time to schedule air conditioner maintenance, spring is the preferred time of year. This makes it possible for you to address growing issues before the summer heat arrives, ensuring your AC unit runs smoothly all season long.
However, if spring is already in the rearview mirror, and you weren't able to schedule AC service, don’t wait until next year. When it comes to making the most out of cooling efficiency with preventive maintenance, it’s better to give your system a checkup whenever you can.
What Does AC Service Involve?
An air conditioning tune-up is a detailed process involving various steps. This is why DIY servicing is not advisable. Here are some key aspects of the work you can expect to be done during a routine service visit:
- Complete inspection: The technician visually examines your air conditioning unit for potential problems53 or areas requiring attention.
- Cleaning: The technician uses specialized tools and proven techniques to clean the condenser coil, evaporator coil, condensate drain line and other components to ensure your system runs efficiently.
- Lubrication and tightening: Moving parts are lubricated to minimize friction and lessen wear and tear. Then, electrical connections are tightened to encourage safe equipment operation.
- Filter replacement: Switching out the filter boosts air quality and helps the unit run in a more efficient manner. HVAC professionals suggest doing this in your home every one or two months to maintain proper airflow.
- System test: Before deeming the job complete, your cooling specialist will run a test cycle to make sure the system fires up, operates and shuts down properly.
Benefits of Routine Air Conditioner Service
Many property owners ask themselves if routine maintenance is worth all the hype. The fact is, routine air conditioner tune-ups promote better performance and home comfort. Some key benefits include:
- Increased energy efficiency: A well-maintained AC unit requires less power to keep your home cool, which translates into lower utility expenses and a smaller carbon footprint.
- Lower repair costs: It’s simple to spot potential issues early when a technician diligently inspects your cooling system every spring. An easy repair, like replacing a fraying fan belt, helps you avoid expensive and inconvenient breakdowns down the road.
- Improved air quality: A clean air conditioning system promotes better air circulation and fewer airborne allergens for a healthier living environment.
- Extended equipment life: Like getting routine oil changes to help your car run longer, annual AC service extends the life of your AC, saving you on untimely replacement expenses.
How Much Does AC Service Cost?
Routine maintenance isn’t a free service, but you should see it as an investment, not an expense expenditure. After all, regular servicing helps you save on utility bills, sudden repairs or the cost of buying a new system.
To maximize your savings, consider investing in a maintenance plan from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. For just one low monthly fee, you’ll lower the risk of breakdowns and increase energy efficiency for ongoing savings. Choose from three different plans to meet your needs and budget. You’ll experience several perks no matter which one you select, including:
- Regular tune-ups: Our maintenance plans include yearly AC tune-ups, ensuring your system remains in peak condition.
- Priority service: Members go to the front of the line when arranging appointments, even during peak call volumes.
- Discounts: Save 15% on repairs and services, as well as additional discounts on new equipment.
- Repair guarantee: For your peace of mind, we guarantee the quality of our repairs for a year.
Schedule Air Conditioner Service in North America
Clearly, routine AC maintenance is very important for boosting performance and ensuring home comfort. Schedule an annual visit, ideally in the spring, to protect against breakdowns and appreciate numerous other benefits of a well-maintained air conditioner.
As for choosing a company to perform the work, Service Experts is clearly the top choice, with qualified Experts, complete maintenance plans and a laser-sharp focus on customer satisfaction. Entrust air conditioner maintenance to the Experts, and you’ll keep your home cool and comfortable all year long. To learn more or plan your next AC tune-up, please contact a Service Experts office near you today.