There are many fumes that could be within your the U.S. house. Natural gas and fumes that come from residential furnishings, flooring and paints. Not one of these gases are as threatening as carbon monoxide.
Call Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing at 866-397-3787 now to begin shielding your house against this toxic gas.
Carbon monoxide may be a major concern, so it’s not something to take lightly.
Carbon monoxide is deadly because you cannot view it, smell it with your nose or recognize it with your taste buds. It’s not as dangerous in little concentrations and can’t be filtrated.
Carbon monoxide is a side effect of burnt fuel. It can filter into your residence during the heating season if the heat exchanger on your gas furnace breaks. Based on how big the leak is and the airflow in a residence, the gas can become lethal in within minutes.
Once taken in, it has a half-life of about five hours. If you are taking in fresh air, it requires five hours to get it out of your system. You will need an extra five hours to cut that concentration by half.
Carbon monoxide could also mimic symptoms that can be confused with the flu, viral infections and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other conditions.
There’s no justification to risk carbon monoxide poisoning.
Here are some ways you can take to keep your residence safe:
Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be scary, and with the recommended actions your family can be protected from the hazardous gas. Take the precautions and call Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing at 866-397-3787 to learn more.
By Brian Sodoma, for Service Experts With autumn around the corner, homeowners will soon be preparing for the cold months ahead. Cold weather adds even more demand on your heating system. To prepare your furnace for the heavy work it will soon be taking on, scheduled HVAC maintenance should be... Continue reading
When you hear the phrase ultraviolet light, you probably picture getting sunburned after a long day at the pool. Having said that, UV light is also something you can use for increasing indoor air quality. Sunscreen defends against UVA and UVB rays, but UVC is the type of light applied in air... Continue reading
Indoor allergens affect millions of people in the U.S. each year. It’s common for many to look outside the home for potential allergens triggering sniffles, watery eyes, respiratory problems and even asthma flare-ups. But many are surprised to learn that indoor dust mites, molds, animal dander... Continue reading
© 2023 Service Experts, Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, and the Service Experts logo and design are registered trademarks of Service Experts LLC and used under license by SE Canada Inc. All Rights Reserved. *Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage Program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.