No matter what the weather outside, the temperature in your home influences how comfortable it will be. Choose the right temp and your space will feel like a comfortable escape from everything. But if your home comfort system isn’t functioning accurately, you’ll recognize it. And it won’t be fun.
Get ready to take a thorough look at how you’re managing your home comfort system. It could be the difference between a steady system or a poor performer. Complete this short quiz from Service Experts to see how you stack up.
- The warm season is not far away. How do you prepare your system?
- Switch out the HVAC filter and clean the vents. Then it’s good to go.
- Call in the Experts for a seasonal checkup.
- Nothing at all. It should be fine.
- You’re planning a get-together on a particularly warm night, but the AC isn’t working. What do you do?
- Ask my visitors to bring cool beverages.
- Book an emergency repair to get it operating before people show up.
- Start my fans and wish for a strong breeze.
- Your current HVAC is maturing. What happens when it’s time for an upgrade?
- Let my contractor make the decision and fund it with a credit card.
- Manage worries and bills by signing up for a monthly home comfort subscription.
- Choose the most intricate system currently available.
- When you get your next monthly energy bill, what do you expect you’ll see?
- It will have a hefty price tag. My HVAC bills have skyrocketed.
- It will be close to the charges for the same month last year.
- I can’t know for certain until I see it. Some months aren’t bad, but others are a surprise.
- Your home comfort system is making a strange noise. What do you do?
- Grab my toolbox and kill a weekend trying to fix it.
- Schedule a professional technician to check it out.
- Don’t think about it and wait until it goes away.
Now check your results. If you selected mostly Bs, your home comfort practices are right on. You’re taking care of your system and you made a plan for the future. But if you replied to any of these questions with As or Cs, you could make some changes to help your equipment perform more efficiently. Keep reading to find out how.
Better HVAC Habits to Help You Save
Schedule Annual Maintenance While changing your air filter and clearing your vents are essential tasks to prep your HVAC for a different season, a professional maintenance appointment is essential to conclude the process. During a regular maintenance visit, your pro technician will manage a series of tasks that maximize the energy efficiency of your HVAC. And while they’re in your home, your HVAC pro will look out for more severe problems for your equipment. That could save you a pricey breakdown later down the road.
Select a heating and cooling company that offers emergency repairs. Even meticulously maintained HVAC systems can have complications on occasion. And it always seems to happen at the worst times. A company with 24/7 emergency service can handle the headache and distress. The Service Experts Advantage Program gives that much needed service to homes at no additional cost.
Devise a plan for your HVAC system transition. Many heating and cooling systems can function for 10 to 15 years, but they aren’t able to last forever. Create an idea of what you want now to evade last-minute pressure when your machine takes its last bow. The Service Experts Advantage Program™ can help. It gives you a new high-efficiency heating and cooling system with no up-front charges. Even better, the program also has free maintenance and repairs.
Keep track of your monthly energy charges and don’t ignore it when they greatly change. Your electricity bills can reveal more than your monthly expenses. If you’re noticing a regular increase in your costs but no difference in home comfort, something is definitely occurring with your system. An updated high-efficiency system can provide you peace of mind with more consistent energy usage—and that means fewer surprises on your bill.
Call in the pros when you detect a odd noise from your HVAC system. That noise is more than irritating. It demonstrates something is amiss with your HVAC. Even if it’s a comparatively small trouble, left without a repair it could make for an costly repair in the future. Don’t try to fix it yourself. Leave it to the professionals to figure out and fix it.
Your home comfort system can cost you quite a bit when you don’t maintain it. If you use these tips, you could save time, extra costs and frustration. And if your HVAC just isn’t cutting it anymore, consider choosing one through the Service Experts Advantage Program. It can get you an updated energy-efficient system with no up-front costs and free maintenance and repairs.
To hear more, give us a call or request an appointment online. We’re happy to help!