It’s frigid out there. Much of the country is layering up for some icy weather. And while the Experts are always prepared to help, we’ve got a few HVAC and plumbing honey-dos to help you avoid those winter weather emergencies.
- Disconnect all exterior water fixtures.
- Make sure you insulate exposed pipes and outdoor fixtures.
- A slow trickle in indoor bathrooms and sinks by outer walls can prevent pipes from freezing.
- Open up kitchen and bathroom cabinets underneath sinks to keep warm air circulating around pipes.
- Set an indoor temperature of at least 68 degrees (and warmer if possible).
- Get those space heaters ready by checking them for proper operation.
- If you have vents shut in unused rooms, now is the time to open them.
- If your furnace is not functioning, contact the Experts for heating repairs or consider a new furnace install.
- Last but not least, give those smoke and carbon monoxide detectors a quick test.
Follow these quick tips to keep your HVAC and plumbing warm and working. Then pour yourself some hot cider. And, as always, Comfort Masters Service Experts is here for you. If you’ve got questions, concerns or problems, don’t hesitate to call.