There are a lot of fun things to do in the fall, especially in Wheeling. But, there’s also that huge list of must-do’s before the cold weather sets in. Although the outdoor yard work and home improvements are probably at the top of your list, there’s at least one indoor thing you should consider taking care of early: getting your furnace service and tune-up appointment scheduled.
The team at Comfort Masters Service Experts recommend that furnace service and maintenance be done at least annually to help prevent a breakdown in the dead of winter, when the furnace is needed most. There are a great deal of benefits to getting it done before the cold and crisp weather reaches Wheeling, too. Take a peek at some of the top bonuses of furnace service:
- Helps maintain your heating system’s energy efficiency. Regular maintenance can help ensure that your furnace runs at its top efficiency throughout the coldest months of the year, helping you save on your heating costs.
- Ensures your furnace is in tip-top shape. From checking airflow to full multi-point inspections, you can be certain your furnace is ready to get you through whatever Mother Nature decides to throw at Wheeling this season.
- Decreases the chances of breakdowns. Just about the last thing you want to happen on a chilly winter day is have your furnace go out, especially when heating companies are limited in their capacity for new customers. A furnace service appointment now will allow the technician to identify potential problems and solve them before they happen.
- Helps keep your home safe. All furnaces burn some type of fuel to make heat, and cracks and leaks around the fuel area could compromise your family’s safety. Inspecting the heat exchanger, gas burner and gas valve calibration are key to keeping your home safe through the cooler months.
- Keeps your warranty valid. Many manufacturers require that you have at least one furnace service appointment per year in order to keep your warranty, so getting regular maintenance done can save you money if larger problems occur in the future.
Taking proper care of your furnace has a number of additional benefits, and getting furnace service completed annually is just the first step. It’ll help keep your home comfortable throughout the cold season and save you time later because you’re less likely to need more service, maintenance or repairs in the middle of winter when heating and cooling companies like Comfort Masters Service Experts are at their busiest.
If you have any questions about furnace service or a tune-up in Wheeling, give us a call at 847-250-6729 or schedule an appointment with Comfort Masters Service Experts through our online scheduler.