Planning routine AC maintenance is worth the effort.
Tune-ups keep your air conditioner equipment in Wheeling operating at its best performance while keeping energy needs down. It also might even help extend its life expectancy.
While there are a couple tasks you can complete alone, you should call the Experts, like the ones at Comfort Masters Service Experts, for AC inspections and upkeep.
Here are several steps you can take by yourself as you prep for warm weather.
Get Your AC Service Scheduled
Spring is a period of rejuvenation, and to many that involves a large dose of indoors, garage and yard sprucing. With the toastier temps right around the corner, it’s also a fantastic idea to add AC tune-ups on that list.
Spring is the best time to get your air conditioning equipment cleaned and examined. Waiting to turn it on until the first sweltering day of the summer can be dicey. If you need service or a new unit, you could be waiting awhile for a tech. And that might turn very unbearable.
And for people with allergies, being one step ahead with a clean air conditioning system will help provide the greatest indoor air quality while it’s pollen season.
Also, cooling service could be a requirement for your system’s manufacturer warranty or any additional extended warranty.
Can I Do Service on My Own?
There are methods that you can complete to help keep your AC unit in the top state:
- Put in a new air filter. Filthy filters limit airflow and might decrease your system’s efficiency. While how often you should replace it depends on the type of filter you install, the U.S. Department of Energy advises each month or two. This is very necessary if you deal with allergies or have a cat in your house.
- Lawn maintenance near the outdoor condenser. Ensure there’s not any grass, weeds or bushes by your air conditioning equipment. We suggest keeping 2–3 feet of free area. You should also clear any leaves or branches that have fallen into your equipment, because this may impede airflow.
Let the Professionals Handle the Rest
What’s left to do? If you get in touch with Comfort Masters Service Experts at 847-250-6729, the initial thing we could do is compliment you for all the work you’ve already done. Then we’ll get down to the finer details. We’ll check your system and make sure it’s running correctly with these steps:
- Adjusting electrical connections to ensure safe comfort.
- Greasing to keep moving components working effortlessly and potentially avoid issues.
- Rinsing the condensate drain line to clear leak-causing mold and clogs.
- Straightening coil fins to stop decreased airflow.
- Cleaning the outside coil to remove any buildup from dirt and vegetation.
- Examining controls to ensure your equipment is turning on, operating and shutting down like it should.
- Assessing the operating temperature parameters to establish your system has the proper refrigeration charge.
If we discover issues that involve further service, we are prepared to provide you the most reasonable solution. Locating potential issues in a timely manner might solve larger troubles later. This also gives you time to save if your system is getting outdated.
When you are looking for a new AC system, our Experts will assist you to select the best unit for your needs. We also offer financing to help make your new system fit your budget. Whatever your comfort needs are, you can have peace of mind knowing our Experts will take care of your needs.
Need to book your service? Give us a call at 847-250-6729 or schedule an appointment online now.