Booking routine AC maintenance is helpful.
Checkups keep your air conditioning equipment in Wheeling operating at its top performance while keeping energy consumption down. It also might even help extend its life expectancy.
While there are several tasks you can complete by yourself, you should hire Experts, like the ones at Comfort Masters Service Experts, for AC inspections and upkeep.
Here are several steps you can take by yourself as you get ready for warm weather.
Get Your AC Service Scheduled
Spring is a season of rejuvenation, and to many that entails a large dose of house, garage and yard sprucing. With the hotter temperatures right around the corner, it’s also a great idea to add AC tune-ups on that list.
Spring is a great time to get your air conditioning equipment cleaned and inspected. Waiting to turn it on until the first sweltering day of the summer can be dicey. If you need a fix or a new unit, you could be waiting awhile for a technician. And that might become very unpleasant.
And for those with allergies, being one step ahead with a clean air conditioning system will help provide the greatest indoor air quality while it’s pollen season.
Plus, cooling upkeep might be a requirement for your system’s manufacturer warranty or any additional extended warranty.
Can I Do Service Alone?
There are methods that you can complete to help keep your air conditioner unit in the top order:
- Change your air filter. Clogged filters limit airflow and might decrease your system’s efficiency. While how often you should replace it depends on the type of filter you have, the U.S. Department of Energy recommends each month or two. This is very necessary if you suffer from allergies or have a cat in your house.
- Lawn maintenance near the exterior condenser. Check the area is free of grass, weeds or bushes by your air conditioning equipment. We advise keeping 2–3 feet of free room. You should also clear any leaves or branches that have fallen into your system, because this may limit airflow.
Let the Professionals Handle the Rest
What’s left to do? If you get in touch with Comfort Masters Service Experts at 847-250-6729, the initial thing we may do is compliment you for all the work you’ve already done. Then we’ll get down to the nuts and bolts. We’ll check your system and make sure it’s running like it should with these steps:
- Adjusting electrical connections to ensure safe comfort.
- Greasing to keep moving pieces working effortlessly and potentially avoid breakdowns.
- Flushing the condensate drain line to remove leak-causing mold and clogs.
- Straightening coil fins to stop decreased airflow.
- Cleaning the exterior coil to remove any buildup from dirt and vegetation.
- Examining controls to double check your equipment is switching on, cooling and shutting down like it should.
- Assessing the operating temperature parameters to establish your system has the proper refrigeration charge.
If we discover issues that need further service, we are prepared to provide you the most reasonable solution. Locating potential troubles in a timely manner might solve larger troubles later. This also gives you time to save if your AC is getting outdated.
When you are looking for a new cooling system, our Experts will assist you to select the ideal system for your family. We also offer financing to help make your new system work for your budget. Whatever your comfort needs are, you can feel good knowing our Experts will take care of your needs.
Need to request your service? Give us a call at 847-250-6729 or schedule an appointment online now.