4 Tips for Saving Energy in Wheeling This Summer
Spring is wonderful for a couple reasons: flowers start to bloom, you can open up windows for crisp air and your power bill is often at its most economical. That’s because you’re not turning to your heating or air.
But as mercury begins to increase, so do your energy bills. Here are a couple of tips for saving energy in the U.S. and keeping bills low.
1. Schedule Annual AC Maintenance
Giving your cooling system an annual maintenance appointment can help it run more efficiently and lower costs. Changing out your air filter will help keep utility charges low.
If your HVAC equipment has had better days, spring is a good time to replace it. The energy-saving technology in updated cooling systems is a definite plus in keeping your power bill down.
2. Start with Your Thermostat
There’s an easy way you can save up to 10% on home comfort bills. Just dial your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours a day.
Figuring out how to effectively schedule your thermostat is the easiest way to reduce energy costs in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re around at home. Think of it this way, the less significant the difference between outdoor temperatures and interior temperatures, the less expensive your air conditioning cost will be.
- When you’re out and about, set the thermostat to a lot higher temperature or turn it off. You shouldn’t have to cool an empty home.
3. Experiment with Other Approaches to Cool Your Home
You can do several other things to help keep your residence at the right temperature:
- Use a ceiling fan—By starting a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no decrease in comfort. Have your fan spin counterclockwise in the summer, which pushes cool air upward. This moves cool air more equally when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds shut—Sunlight quickly converts to heat as it comes through windows. Keep your home cooler by shutting blinds and curtains when you’re not staying in sunny spaces.
4. Consider Installing a Smart Thermostat
You’ve left home and immediately realize you forgot to turn up the thermostat. Then you stew about it the full day!
Smart thermostats figure out your habits and move the temp when you’re out to help you save energy and money. You can also change the temp from anywhere with your phone.
These pro tips will all help keep summer energy costs less expensive. If you figure out it’s time to modernize your thermostat or need AC installation online. We’ll help you figure out the right fit for your house. And as usual, all our services are endorsed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
How to Find a Good HVAC System
When it comes to keeping your home comfortable year-round, nothing is more essential than choosing the right heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system. This decision impacts your daily comfort, monthly utility costs and overall home efficiency. However, with so many system types,... Continue reading
Yearly HVAC Maintenance List
Once the air starts to get cold, you know it’s time to prepare your home for the cooler months ahead. Your heating system is crucial to maintaining a cozy, warm setting. A well-maintained furnace delivers the comfort you crave while using less energy. Routine inspections also make your system... Continue reading
HVAC Trends: What’s New in 2024
In the ever-evolving world of home heating and cooling, keeping up with the newest HVAC trends is very important for homeowners who want to enhance their home’s comfort and efficiency. Looking into 2024, the HVAC industry continues to innovate, bringing brand-new technologies and trends aimed at... Continue reading