Spring is enjoyable for more than a few reasons: flowers are blossoming, you can crack windows for fresh air and your utility bill is usually at its most economical. That’s because you’re not using your heat or cooling.
But as temperatures begin to rise, so do your energy costs. Here are a couple of suggestions for saving energy in Wheeling and keeping bills down.
1. Call for Seasonal AC Maintenance
Giving your cooling system an annual tune-up can help it work more efficiently and trim costs. Replacing your air filter will help keep energy costs low.
If your air conditioning equipment has had better days, spring is a great time to replace it. The energy-saving features in updated AC systems is a big benefit for keeping your energy charges down.
2. Turn Down Your Thermostat
There’s an easy way you can save up to 10% on heating and cooling costs. Just set your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours each day.
Focusing on how to expertly schedule your thermostat is the best way to lower energy bills in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re in the house. Think of it this way, the smaller the difference between outside temperatures and interior temperatures, the less expensive your energy cost will be.
- When you’re not at home, set the thermostat to a considerably higher temperature or shut it off. There’s no reason to cool an empty home.
3. Take Advantage of Other Approaches to Cool Your House
You can turn to several other things to help keep your house cool:
- Use a ceiling fan—By running a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no loss in comfort. Have your fan turn counterclockwise in the summer, which pushes cool air upward. This distributes cool air more evenly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds shut—Sunlight quickly changes into heat as it passes through windows. Keep your residence comfortable by closing blinds and curtains when you’re not using sunny areas.
4. Consider Installing a Smart Thermostat
You’re out of the house and immediately realize you neglected to turn up the thermostat. Then you worry about it the whole day!
Smart thermostats learn your schedule and adjust the temp when you’re out to help you save money. You can also change the thermostat from anywhere with your phone.
These pro ideas will all help keep summer energy expenses less expensive. If you think it’s time to modernize your thermostat or need AC installation, give us a call at 847-250-6729 or contact us online. We’ll help you find the right fit for your home. And as usual, all our services are endorsed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.