Spring is nice for many reasons: flowers bloom, you can open windows for fresh air and your utility bill is generally at its most economical. That’s because you’re not relying on your heat or cooling.
But as temperatures begin to rise, so do your energy charges. Here are a couple of suggestions for saving energy in Wheeling and keeping costs down.
1. Call for Seasonal AC Maintenance
Giving your cooling system an annual tune-up can help it work more efficiently and trim costs. Switching out your air filter will help keep energy costs low.
If your air conditioning equipment has seen better days, spring is a great time to replace it. The energy-saving technology in updated AC systems is a huge plus in keeping your electricity charges down.
2. Turn Down Your Thermostat
There’s an easy way you can save up to 10% on home comfort expenses. Just set your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours each day.
Focusing on how to expertly schedule your thermostat is the smartest way to lower energy bills in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re in the house. Consider it this way, the less significant the difference between outdoor temperatures and interior temperatures, the less expensive your air conditioning expense will be.
- When you’re not at home, set the thermostat to a considerably higher temperature or shut it off. There’s no reason to cool an empty house.
3. Try Other Approaches to Cool Your Home
You can turn to several other things to help keep your house comfortable:
- Use a ceiling fan—By starting a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no loss in comfort. Have your fan move counterclockwise in the summer, which forces cool air upward. This moves cool air more evenly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds shut—Sunlight quickly changes into heat as it passes through windows. Keep your house comfortable by drawing blinds and curtains when you’re not sitting in sunny areas.
4. Consider Installing a Smart Thermostat
You’re out of the house and abruptly realize you neglected to turn up the thermostat. Then you stew about it the entire day!
Smart thermostats pick up on your schedule and adjust the temp when you’re out to help you save on your bills. You can also change the thermostat from anywhere with your phone.
These pro ideas will all help keep summer energy expenses low. If you conclude it’s time to modernize your thermostat or need AC installation, give us a call at 847-250-6729 or contact us online. We’ll help you find the right product for your home. And as usual, all our services are endorsed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.